Join our talent community
We thrive on creativity and diversity, on facing challenges and finding solutions. We foster collaboration, innovation and customer centricity. Above all, we are defined by who we are, we put our people first.
We are a truly global team, with over 300 employees, located in 16 different countries, speaking 25 different languages. We are proud of our established and dynamic company, our culture, our heritage and the pivotal shift we are driving in our collaborative approach to digital trade finance.
Surecomp is always on the lookout for talented and driven individuals who are ready to make a difference. If you are interested in joining our fabulous team, we’d love to hear from you
Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is.
To enable seamless, sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration.
Java Software Engineer
Who We Are?
Surecomp® is the market-leading provider of digital trade finance solutions for corporates and financial institutions. An industry pioneer for thirty-five years, we enable seamless, sustainable trade by breaking down barriers and fostering collaboration. Our award-winning portfolio of cloud and on-premises solutions streamlines the trade finance lifecycle for frictionless transaction processing, enhanced risk mitigation, compliance, decision support and growth. Underpinned by numerous global offices and an extensive partner network, our prestigious customer footprint spans over eighty countries across the world. For more information visit surecomp.com.
RIVO™ - our collaborative trade finance platform is a centralized digital hub through which any trade finance instrument can be managed to enhance efficiency and optimize customer service. This web-based portal provides open API access to every trade participant for a completely streamlined and sustainable transaction process. For more information on RIVO please visit rivo.trade
Our Vision and Mission
We believe that Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is. Our Mission is to enable seamless sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration..
About the role...
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Software Developer to join a leading global provider of Treasury products and services for banks. As an experienced Java programmer, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing features on a business application web solution. You will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining various components of the web application to meet the needs of the business and its users. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a critical system that directly impacts the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's operations. You should be able to build a product features end-to-end from design to coding, testing and deployment.
What will you do?
Software Development: Collaborate with the development team to design and implement new features and functionalities using Java and related technologies. You will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and also Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of best practices.
Code Maintenance: Review, modify, and maintain existing code to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability. You will troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise and apply fixes to ensure a smooth user experience.
Database Management: Work with databases and data models to ensure seamless data integration and retrieval. You will optimize database queries for efficiency and accuracy.
Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and other developers, to deliver high-quality software solutions that align with business requirements.
Technical Documentation: Create and maintain technical documentation, including design specifications, user guides, and API documentation, to aid in the understanding and maintenance of the application.
All You Need Is...
Knowledge and Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science from a leading institute or an equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience as a Java programmer in web application development
- Proficiency in Java programming language and related frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience working with databases and SQL (e.g., MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks (e.g., React, AngularJS, Angular)
- Ability to out-perform in a global company, in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong work ethic, Proactive, Self-motivated, and Results-driven
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team multiple running projects, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality code
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including version control, code reviews, and testing methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Spanish & English - Must