Join our talent community
We thrive on creativity and diversity, on facing challenges and finding solutions. We foster collaboration, innovation and customer centricity. Above all, we are defined by who we are, we put our people first.
We are a truly global team, with over 300 employees, located in 16 different countries, speaking 25 different languages. We are proud of our established and dynamic company, our culture, our heritage and the pivotal shift we are driving in our collaborative approach to digital trade finance.
Surecomp is always on the lookout for talented and driven individuals who are ready to make a difference. If you are interested in joining our fabulous team, we’d love to hear from you
Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is.
To enable seamless, sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration.
Software Architect (m/w/d)
About The Position
Who We Are?
Surecomp® is the market-leading provider of digital trade finance solutions for corporates and financial institutions. An industry pioneer for thirty-five years, we enable seamless, sustainable trade by breaking down barriers and fostering collaboration. Our award-winning portfolio of cloud and on-premises solutions streamlines the trade finance lifecycle for frictionless transaction processing, enhanced risk mitigation, compliance, decision support and growth. Underpinned by numerous global offices and an extensive partner network, our prestigious customer footprint spans over eighty countries across the world. For more information visit surecomp.com.
RIVO™ - our collaborative trade finance platform is a centralized digital hub through which any trade finance instrument can be managed to enhance efficiency and optimize customer service. This web-based portal provides open API access to every trade participant for a completely streamlined and sustainable transaction process. For more information on RIVO please visit rivo.trade
Our Vision and Mission
We believe that Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is. Our Mission is to enable seamless sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
What Will Your Job Look Like ?
As member of an international R&D team of business analysts and engineers you will be contributing to the maintenance and continuous improvements of our Trade Finance software and system solutions from technical perspectives. You mission will be twofold:
1.You will be taking over engineering tasks in our R&D division that will include but not be limited to
- Establish technical knowledge of our systems (e.g. through code review and reverse engineering) along with corresponding maintenance and evolution of our technical documentation
- Analysis and ownership of our system’s architecture with focus on its infrastructure components (i.e. not Trade Finance related) to identify areas for improvement and implementation of corresponding solutions
- Participate in infrastructure solutions design and implementation at architect level
- Support the various components build and deploy processes including CI/CD and security aspects
- Maintenance of corporate policies and procedures in collaboration with the relevant teams
2.You will be collaborating with sales and account managers as well as members of the R&D division to support the expansion of our customer base across the globe. To that end you will be contributing to the technical sections in RFIs, RFPs and other relevant requests from potential customers related to our system and software solutions. In this role your essential duties and responsibilities will be to
- Provide technical responses to client requests related to our systems and software
- Support the maintenance of our answer library by continually improving and augmenting our responses
- Refine insights from customer requests as input for continuous improvement of our solutions
All You Need Is:
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant engineering and architecting experiences in complex web and cloud-based systems
- Significant programming experiences with Java and/or C++ (both is advantage)
- Experiences with modeling languages and diagramming notations for systems and software
- Ability to recover technical knowledge from existing systems i.e. reverse engineering
- Ability to deliver and lead technical discussions, presentations and demonstrations
- Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or similar qualification
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, and the ability to communicate well in a timely manner with employees at all levels
- Highly self-motivated and autodidact
- Attention to details and strong numeracy skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong work ethic, Proactive, Self-motivated and Results-driven