Join our talent community
We thrive on creativity and diversity, on facing challenges and finding solutions. We foster collaboration, innovation and customer centricity. Above all, we are defined by who we are, we put our people first.
We are a truly global team, with over 300 employees, located in 16 different countries, speaking 25 different languages. We are proud of our established and dynamic company, our culture, our heritage and the pivotal shift we are driving in our collaborative approach to digital trade finance.
Surecomp is always on the lookout for talented and driven individuals who are ready to make a difference. If you are interested in joining our fabulous team, we’d love to hear from you
Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is.
To enable seamless, sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration.
Senior IT Project Manager (m/w/d)
About The Position
Who We Are?
Surecomp® is the market-leading provider of digital trade finance solutions for corporates and financial institutions. An industry pioneer for thirty-five years, we enable seamless, sustainable trade by breaking down barriers and fostering collaboration. Our award-winning portfolio of cloud and on-premises solutions streamlines the trade finance lifecycle for frictionless transaction processing, enhanced risk mitigation, compliance, decision support and growth. Underpinned by numerous global offices and an extensive partner network, our prestigious customer footprint spans over eighty countries across the world. For more information visit surecomp.com.
RIVO™ - our collaborative trade finance platform is a centralized digital hub through which any trade finance instrument can be managed to enhance efficiency and optimize customer service. This web-based portal provides open API access to every trade participant for a completely streamlined and sustainable transaction process. For more information on RIVO please visit rivo.trade
Our Vision and Mission
We believe that Sustainable global trade promotes growth and improves people’s lives. The better the world trades, the better society is. Our Mission is to enable seamless sustainable trade for everyone by removing barriers and facilitating collaboration.
About the Role:
We are inviting you to join a well-known software development company with established reputation. We are a leading global provider of Trade Finance products and services for banks and corporations, which will give you an opportunity to learn Trade Finance as a business and apply this knowledge to the software development.
Together with the colleagues based in Surecomp's office in Hamburg, Germany, and other development centers around the world, you will lead challenging agile software projects as a central planner and coordinator through all phases with different departments and external contact partners.
As we are working both internationally as well as within Germany, you will be required to work in both German and English.
The role offers a range of interesting responsibilities for you and includes:
- Leading an Agile team
- Accountability of practicing agile values, methods, principles, and practices for the delivery of projects
- Manage the project - Define project scope and schedule and executing the project while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Interact with company clients understanding their requirements and cooperating with them through the life cycle of the project
- Continuously monitoring the daily progress of projects and their quality - from initiation to take-over to ongoing operations
All You Need Is:
Knowledge and Experience
- Fluent English and German needed
- B.A/B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent background
- 5+ years of projects leadership experience preferred in the financial industry
- 5+ years proven experience in banks systems (Trade Finance systems is a plus)
- Hands one experience in software implementation technology
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices
- Familiarity with the Financial industry in general, Trade Finance is preferred
- Hands-on experience with agile development methodologies
- Project management certification is a must (e.g., PMI, PRINCE, etc.)
- Ability to out-perform in a global company, in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on multiple running projects
- Leadership skills and ability to manage people from other Surecomp development centers remotely
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, critical thinking, continual improvement, and empowerment
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Great at relationship management with colleagues and clients
- Ability to collaborate with other teams in the company
- Must have presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences Strong work ethic, proactive, self-motivated, and results-driven